Let’s not mince words here: most business writing is tedious, pompous and bereft of the tiniest sliver of personality.
It’s near impossible for customers to cut through the “innovative solutions” and “passion for customer service,” and find out who can actually give them what they need.
For the business owner who’s willing to do something different, though, it represents a major – and inexpensive – competitive advantage.
May I Have Your Attention, Please? lays out 12 simple principles that allow business owners – even those with no writing experience – to attract and enchant their dream customers. With clear and concise explanations of what works and why, and examples of the best and worst text out there, you’ll have all the tools you need to turn readers into buyers into raving fans.
Give your writing skills an instant upgrade
In this short book, you’ll learn:
- Simple techniques to turn your dull-as-dishwater business marketing into “can’t resist” copy – even if you don’t think of yourself as a “good writer.”
- How to make price irrelevant and be the only choice for your ideal customer – by changing nothing except your copywriting.
- The business writing “rules” you should revel in breaking.
- Why copying your competitors is a dangerous waste of time... and what to do instead (without spending hours searching for ideas).
- The easily avoidable mistakes that are turning your customers off – even if they don’t know it.
- A simple framework to help you blast through writer’s block and know exactly what to say in any piece of writing.
- How to “read your customers’ minds,” and get them looking for reasons to buy from you.
Who is this book for?
- Business owners looking to breathe more life into their website, content marketing or sales materials.
- Employees who want to gain a new skill and have more impact in their work.
- Anyone who has something great to offer – but is struggling to get the message across.